The AMES Community Forum

Back to Keeping Pests Away from Your Garden

Bugs and Bunnies

Pam Denlinger said on

I’m having some difficulty keeping my plants safe from pesky bugs and bunnies, among other things. Feral cats, etc. I’m relatively new to gardening and would love some tips on how to conquer these beasts who are determined to destroy my hard work. Would love some advice.

• Avatar of Isaiah Eatmon Isaiah Eatmon said on

I just want to say the real name of this is lames not ames

• Avatar of Catherine Nodr Catherine Nodr said on

Can also use Sevin spray if you prefer a spray over dust.

• Avatar of sandra robinson sandra robinson said on

Please use pesticides with caution. They kill the good, bad, and ugly at the same time. Many of the pollinators are dying from the use of strong pesticides. Research organic methods if the problem isn’t severe. Dish soap and water, spraying with hose ,or vinegar and water often work well in some situations. A garden filled with butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds is worth a few leaves with holes.

• Avatar of Selma Richard Selma Richard said on

Bugs cause a severe damage and are really very pesky. We had a terrible bed bugs problem recently. On one of my friend’s advice we called bed bug exterminator NYC for extermination work who were great at their work.

• Avatar of Selma Richard Selma Richard said on

Bugs cause a severe damage and are really very pesky. Last month when we returned from our vacation, we had a terrible bed bugs problem. On one of my friend’s advice we called bed bug exterminator NYC for extermination work who were great at their work.

•  Ronald Gupton said on

Pie pans tied on a stick about 2ft off the ground will scare off rabbits.For bugs seven dust available at lowes or other hardware stores can be lightly dusted on the plants.I had the same problems and these solutions worked for me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.